Friday, April 15, 2011

Live Small: PT 4: Time (again) to declutter

[Today’s big financial numbers: 40% - The number of Canadians who trash more than $400 of unwanted household items instead of selling them in their annual spring clearouts, according to a survey by Kijiji. April 14, London Free Press]


While I declutter one room at a time, I hope to earn a little money from the sale of my stunning trash. Most will go out to the curb or to Good Will Industries, but some will be lovingly photographed and posted on London Kijiji.


["Old pants anyone?": photos GH]

I have a pair of jeans, almost new, that I planned to sell. But I tried them on this morning. Good grief. They fit again. My ‘fun and fitness routine’ must be working. I'm wearing them now but will consider selling them again in the future.

This morning I found one of the last pairs of ‘school pants’ hiding at the back of the closet and... they’re in the ‘out’ box. But not for sale. Who would want to wear an old pair of an old school teacher’s pants? Ha! Not me.




However, I think I’ll try to get a few bucks for 3 LPs, hat pins and a Bob Dylan scrapbook.

Five bucks.

Anyone? Anyone?

***

Please click here to read more about my decluttering process in Live Small Pt 3.

.

No comments: