Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Workshop: Hang a gate, finish the birdhouses

Two unfinished birdhouses sit on the floor of my shop. Been there for a week or more. Other projects on my busy plate squeezed them to the back of the pile.

Because young grand-daughters are coming for a visit (the twins arrive tomorrow, they compete, and they race off in opposite directions at the same time), the job of placing a fence and gates around the edge of my deck became Job 1.

Almost done. One gate needs to be hung.


[Photos by Dusty Jeans]

Another needs a latch and painted top rail. An adjacent portion of fence also still requires a painted top rail. And the rain - constant in this town - is slowing me down.


A handrail to the yard also needs paint.


And the grass needs to be cut, along with the violets and ferns that are marching across my back yard!


(My weekly column touches on dandelions and the marching ferns.)

Soon, hopefully, I can return to my workshop to look for those birdhouses.

***

Please click here to read more from The Workshop

.

No comments: