Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Before: An outdoor reading alcove is in my future

I’ve broken my next project into several steps that are within my limited limits.

Project’s title: “Turn a junky outdoor space into a shaded alcove for reading”

Easy steps:

rescue old deck lumber from neighbour


[The lumber has been rescued - check!."]

tidy up junky space


["Clean up is underway": photos GH]

fix fence, make it funky

dismantle old wooden garbage can container

build storage unit for snow tires and two garbage cans from rescued lumber

trim it up for more funkiness

sell or use leftover stone under tarp

tidy up all tools, sweep up brick alcove area

place two chairs and one small table in reclaimed space

sit down in shade, read a book

snooze if desired

Now, I have the wood, the tools, and the know-how (I think... but limited limits have never held me back before).

And I’m underway. More photos to follow.

***

How big is the space? I’ll find out and get back to you.

Please click here for a look at another (easier) project.

.

No comments: