Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Workshop: Grey skies above, winter projects ahead

I looked into the sky this morning, saw nothing but grey and a few geese flying the wrong way, and felt the approach of winter.


Even the thought of winter chills my bones at times, but, as many readers know, I am a man with a dusty, oil-heated, well-used workshop.

Projects, and ideas for others, stack up on my work bench and inside my little round head like anxious planes waiting to land at La Guardia.


On an outside table sits a four-year old cedar house for wrens, finches or warblers. The affects of weathering suit it well and more lumber - exactly like that used to produce it - sits a few steps from my workshop door.


Winter is sweeping into view, but warm, busy times lie ahead.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here to see more from The Workshop.

.

No comments: