Monday, October 3, 2011

The Workshop: “Many birdhouses, nary a splinter”

[“And I’ll drop the ‘faded sepia style’ so that the true colours appear. Until then, talk amongst yourselves!” G.Harrison, Fri., Sept. 30]

Progress in the workshop is on track. Cardboard boxes, once full to the brim with cut lumber for birdhouses, are almost all empty. Flat surfaces are getting crowded with finished or ‘almost finished’ houses.

Two houses are finished and covered with assorted trim - maybe too much but that’s how some people like them - and are already sold. (For those wondering how I can afford a new high-performance hybrid bicycle to transport me to Paris in style... now you know).


[“No ‘faded sepia style’ photos today. True colours only.”: photos GH]


[“Can you guess where I found this metal signage?”]


[“Have you ever bought a Coke for 10 cents?”]

The shop will be warmed up soon, the smell of red cedar will be in the air and I’ll move a few more houses forward on the assembly line.


So far, I’ve had not one splinter. I must be getting more careful out there.

***

Please click here for another trip to The Workshop.

.

No comments: