Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Workshop: “Stack ‘em up. Ship ‘em out”

As Christmas approaches, the number of requests for birdhouses rise, the workshop gets busier and dust flies.

Good thing I love being inside my cozy shop on a cool day.


["Stock for three modified JRs is ready for assembly."]


["One modified JR birdhouse is ready for the shelf."]


["One 10 inch tall cedar house is assembled; behind it sits stock for two more; beside it sits stock for a cedar tri-plex."]


["A cedar tri-plex, with linseed oil freshly applied, is drying outside the shop door."]

I don’t mind the ‘production-line’ process for a few weeks because I know that easier times - with less dust up my nose - are ahead.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here for more from The Workshop.

.

No comments: