Sunday, December 11, 2011

WTHeck? Lost treasure found


I didn’t go looking for treasure. It fell into my lap.

In brief, here’s what happened: My son called on the phone and mentioned his wife would like a jewelry box for Christmas. Something small. I thought of the small box inside my study closet that once belonged to my son’s grandfather. I retrieved it while talking. Voila.

Inside were a few coins, including a couple of my dad’s old silver dollars and one U.S. 50-cent piece with J.F.K.s likeness stamped on one side.


I said to myself, I thought the U.S. coin had been stolen. Welcome back!

Because the 50-cent piece was minted in 1971 and is in very good condition, I bet it’s worth at least a dollar now. And since I found it years ago on the floor of a local grocery store then that one dollar is pure profit.

Talk about your treasure!

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Now, if I could just find my glasses.

Please click here for It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: