Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Odd Reflection PT 2: Twenty-three years to go. Surprise!


Several days ago I shared a few words about cheese curds and my plans for the future, not that the two things are deeply entwined, mind you.

About my future: I think one part of my plan, i.e., to be mentally and physically ready to move out of my cozy house in eight years, is a very good one.

First, it will take at least that long to tidy things up in the house so that the move to The Kismet Apartments on Wortley Rd. goes smoothly and lightly, as in “I’ll travel very lightly.”

Secondly, I look forward to my 70s and 80s, the time in which I’ll be less a slave to material things and give more energy to, what I believe to be, the most important people in my life, like my spouse, my boys, grandkids and special friends, and a few key interests, such as writing, reflecting, more writing, tooting about on a bicycle and trimming my possessions back so I can move into Punkydoodle Old Folks Home with just one cardboard box of stuff.

Oh yeah, I’ll be busy.


["Lawn clippings aren't mentioned... but they're in there!": photos GH]

About that cardboard box I mentioned in an earlier post. I’m going to drop the hood on my sweatshirt so that I’ll have room for a packet of my favourite loose tea (so much tastier than any tea bag).

I sure hope the Tea Haus will be making the Hangover Blend when I’m 85. It will be worth the walk downtown.

Smells like a freshly mowed lawn... but better, because I didn’t have to cut the grass.

***

Please click here to read The Odd Reflection PT 1: Twenty-three years to go

.

No comments: