Monday, March 12, 2012

Walking 5: Discovering London in one pair of pants


From a week ago last Sunday to last Saturday I was able to find time for four fun and fitness walks. And by adding a couple of light errands to the mix, I walked for almost two hours on one day.

The fun value still persists. I like repeating the hills to improve walking strength, and stopping to snap an occasional photo if a particular scene ‘catches my eye.’

I’ve noticed I like to look under and through bridges, perhaps because a bridge can frame a photo or reveal a convergence of sturdy lines (e.g., the under parts) we don’t see very often.






[Directly above: The artsy-fartsy version of 'bridge under parts']

Is it just me? The Thames River seems to be home to twice as many ducks as in the recent past. If so, is their larger number related to global warming and an earlier or easier spring?


Yesterday, during a warm afternoon, the ducks themselves had little to say as some snoozed near the Blackfriars Bridge.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here to read Walking 4.

.

No comments: