Wednesday, April 18, 2012

60 Plus: I’m making a dent


I don’t mind being over 60 years old. I have all I need. Money enough to buy oatmeal and all the additives I like in my porridge.

And yesterday, for the first time in years, I touched my toes while doing my four-minute stretching routine. At least I made a dent in the toe of my running shoe, and in my book, that counts!

Also, I’ve been walking regularly for 8 weeks or so, 60 to 90 minutes at a time, and on Monday I jogged for 50 meters in Harris Park and my legs felt great.

The stretching and walking habits are paying dividends, the hill repeats are adding to my muscle mass (I love throwing in words like that!) and I could likely run a five km. road race in the fall without falling over.

Now, if I could only find my keys to the shed. The grass needs a trim.

[Photo by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here for more 60 Plus

.

No comments: