Monday, April 9, 2012

Fun and Fitness: My heart will thank me

Maybe it’s in my genes. I have a built-in desire to exercise a few times per week so that I ‘don’t fall apart’.

Plus, I don’t want to be the slowest guy on my hockey team, so maybe it’s more than genes. Maybe I’m chiefly motivated by vanity.


["105 points per week. Easy kap-easy": photo GH]

Whatever the case, I haven’t had trouble collecting 105 points or more per week for the last several weeks, by exercising almost everyday, whether it be walking, riding or playing hockey. In fact, I will raise my weekly goal to 110 points/wk. for the summer because my walks have easily become longer - due to warmer weather - and bonus points are piling up.

(Have you dusted off your running shoes or bike yet?)

110 points. Easy kap-easy? We’ll see. One thing for sure, my heart will thank me later.

Will I see you on London’s pathways?

***

Does anyone else use a point system to track weekly exercise?

Please click here for more Fun and Fitness

.

No comments: