Sunday, May 20, 2012

“GO WEST, YOUNG MAN”: Photos from along the way

Day 3 - Monday, April 23, 2012 Part 3

After passengers on The Canadian had patted themselves on the belly, many retired to the Bullet Lounge at the very back of the train for a cold drink or  game of canasta. Others, including me, retired on the second level of the Skyline (activity) car for conversation, drinks, organized word games or for snapping pictures. 

I thought, small town life is going on both inside and outside the train windows.

[“I bet I could buy many a homestead for
just a few bucks”]



Many a camera was kept busy during the 20 minute sunset on the prairies.

[“My first prairie sunset was a dramatic event”]

[Final thought: “I’ll sleep well tonight”]

I have more photos of the sunset but quite a few are dominated by bug splatter. Talk about dramatic!

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here to view photos west of Winnipeg 

No comments: