Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ollie and Me: “We need more seeds”


Ollie doesn’t mind going for a bicycle ride with me even though his legs are longer than his perch in the bike trailer. And I don’t mind hauling him on London’s bike path system - we have miles of good path starting near my front door - although a couple of the hills I encounter force me to jump off and push the bike to the crest. (I just need a bit more practice!)


While I parked the bike yesterday at Ivey Park, at the Fork of the Thames, Ollie rushed down the riverside stairs and tossed seeds at the ducks. By the time I joined him quite a crowd of geese had joined him as well and the seeds were almost gone.


I’ll take twice as much seed next time because he liked the idea of feeding the ducks in Gibbons Park too, then jumping through the water at the splash pad. 


Note to self: Twice as much seed; wear swim trunks.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***
  
Please click here for more Ollie and Me

No comments: