Sunday, May 13, 2012

Walking 9: “I need to bump up my miles”

While away recently I continued to walk almost every day. I had some very fine, long walks in Victoria and Vancouver, for example. But some of the walking was upon a train, from my seat in the lounge to my seat in the dining room.

[From the Granville St. bridge in Vancouver, May 1]

Now I’m happy to be home again and have enjoyed getting back into my regular routine this past week, i.e., three or four walks per week, 60 - 70 minutes at a time. I need to bump up my miles, however, because the rack of lamb and prime rib in the train’s dining car are still affecting which notch I can reach on my belt.

So, I’m thinking about goals for this coming week:

At least four long walks, one-hour plus in length.

Repeat three hills per walk


Add a new 15-min. loop to my regular route 

Stay away from rack of lamb. Eat more veggies instead.


Carry a camera. London is full of pleasant views.

That oughtta do it!

[Photos, near or in Harris Park by G.Harrison] 

***

Please click here to read Walking 8

.

No comments: