Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Zoom w a View: “The 1960s are in my blood”

I decluttered my desk (a bit more) yesterday and found a photo that reveals I have a certain habit when a camera is pointed toward me: I flash the peace sign.

It started in the ‘60s to be sure.

E.g., in several photos from 1968 (taken in Bermuda) I flashed the sign.


In 2005, while crossing the Forest City marathon finish line with my fastest time, I flash the sign, declaring to all around me that another ‘piece’ of my body just fell off, maybe two, or that two cold cans of Guinness better be waiting for me when I finally find a chair.


In 2010, at a fish fry north of Wiarton, I again flash the sign, to signify the I’d like another ‘piece’, maybe ‘twice as much as last time if you’ve got it’.


Dude.

***

Please click here for more Zoom w a View

No comments: