Saturday, June 2, 2012

“GO WEST, YOUNG MAN”: Day 5 - Photos from along the way PT 2

Day 5 - April 25, 2012, From Vancouver to Victoria (“Shite! I’m late!”)

The ferry ride from Vancouver to Victoria was cool, crisp, foggy, misty, glorious... and if I hadn’t looked at my watch I’d still be on it.

[“Misty or not, the ride was memorable”]

[“Proof that I smile on occasion on foggy days”]

I thought I had plenty of time for lunch and a coffee. Plenty of time.

[“Spelt and Kamut salad, whatever that is, with
cranberries and sunflower seeds. Delicious.”]


I missed a garbled announcement about returning to my bus on the lower level of the ferry by 12:15, and when I casually looked at my watch and noticed I was late, I hightailed it!

[“Run, Gordie, run!”]

My first photo of the fine city of Victoria is significant. It proves I didn't miss the bus ride off the ferry. However, I was lost when I took the photo and didn’t know it. 

[“Such a nice city. Now, where am I?”]

How can that happen to a seasoned traveller? Well, did you see my map of the city?

***

Please click here to view more Photos from along the way and my handy, dandy map.

No comments: