Monday, July 30, 2012

Ollie and Me: Say “sneeze burgers”

Because I see Ollie more than my other grandchildren I will say we have bonded the best. And though my wife is his primary babysitter I take him for bike rides whenever she needs a break.

This afternoon, while I pedalled and Ollie relaxed in his bike trailer, I caught myself saying, “It doesn’t get much better than this, Gordie.”

[“Say ‘sneeze burgers’, Ollie’.” And he did.]

[“You get in the back seat, Grandpa, and I’ll drive.”]

[Ollie likes the cannons at the Fork of the Thames]

[At Thames Park Ollie spotted pieces of quartz]

I’m hoping our good relationship will last through his teen years (maybe he’ll take to me to see ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Captain Jack Retires at 65’] and he’ll willingly volunteer to bike me to the local coffee shop (in an adult trailer with a/c) when I’m in my 90s.

What are the odds?

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here to view more Ollie and Me
   

No comments: