Saturday, August 11, 2012

It Strikes Me Funny: Nubs - not just a guy thing

It’s not just a guy thing at our house, where I live with my wife, and I’m sure men and women do this around the world. I.e., we add stuff to a mustard bottle that is almost empty, then give it a shake. It’s as natural as breathing.

I made a sandwich for lunch today and as I assembled materials I noticed the Horseradish Dijon Mustard was almost empty but there were tasty and valuable nubs stuck to the bottom of the jar. 


Quick as a flash I added a dash of Heinz Prepared Mustard and a pinch of apple cider to the Dijon nubs and gave the bottle a hearty shake. And four thoughts crossed my mind simultaneously: Fun and fitness, tastier sandwich, saved a penny, my folks would be proud.


Whatever else you think about your upbringing, the following is true: You can drive all the way to China or see the world from all sides, but as soon as you go to make a sandwich you’ll be reminded of home and someone who taught you to use the nubs.

And it’s not just a guy thing, is it?

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny 

No comments: