Monday, October 22, 2012

It Strikes Me Funny: Two stories playfully collide

I am reading a book entitled ‘The Day We Went to War’ which presents day-by-day written records, from various sources, i.e., English, German, Polish, etc., made during the opening days of WW2.

A sample, re the proliferation of gas-masks (oft-times seen hanging over a person’s shoulder), is shown below:


I’ve also been writing a story entitled “Where Are You, Gracie Purvis?” and my last entry dealt with a story, co-authored by my parents, about Christmas-time, 1941. Mother described one scene in the following manner:


“There he was (Doug Harrison), navy hat on one side, gas-mask over one shoulder, walking down through the snow.” 

Last week, after I came across the two short excerpts, a playful collision of events occurred within my mind.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Any playful coincidences pop up during your last week?

Please click here to read (5) “Where Are You, Gracie Purvis?”
  

No comments: