Friday, October 12, 2012

The Workshop: “Add trim, add excitement... and more”

 [“Twelve cedar birdhouse before I added trim”]

In an earlier post I was only half - maybe a third - right. I said I add trim to birdhouses to make them look better just like ‘a bit off the sides improves the appearance of a shaggy-haired boy.’

[“Trim added. Don’t they look better now?”]

There’s more. Trim also adds excitement because that’s how I feel while cutting, sanding and nailing the trim into place.


But there’s more. (Of course there's more. There's always more). The excitement comes from the knowledge I’ll be able to charge a few more bucks for the birdhouse!! Oh yeah!!


Rescued lumber = trim = two more bucks!!


And two bucks pays for my morning coffee. Can my life get more exciting than this? I very much doubt it.

PS Don’t weep for me, Argentina.

[Photos by G.Harrison]

***

Do you 'trim out' birdhouses? Is it exciting?

Please click here for more from The Workshop

No comments: