Monday, November 12, 2012

Rare Family Photos: “Harrison goes into his wind up...”


During the time my father was stationed on “The Spit” in Comox, British Columbia (1944 - 45, at Givenchy III with RCNVR) he played for the Navy ball team. Here he is in Campbell River, I believe (front row center). Team jackets sport a rare Combined Operation insignia; the eagle faces left, the rifle points right.

I’m not sure which position dad played while out west. Maybe third base. When I played that position for a Norwich fastball team during my teens he told me he'd played the same at one time.

According to the picture below, he appears to have a pretty good wind up, so maybe he pitched every once in a while.


Photos of old photos by GH

***

Please show me old black and whites.

Please click here for more Family Photos

No comments: