Friday, December 21, 2012

Climate Change London: "Squirrels are on the prowl"


I saw the thick thick layer of December snow this morning and raced for a pencil. I wrote: "Snow is on the spruce boughs, squirrels are on the prowl." Then I stopped because I couldn't quickly come up with a word that rhymes with prowl.

I also thought, when will NASA post the average global temperature for 2012?


According to their website, their monthly and yearly results are posted automatically and I'm predicting I won't see the 2012 result until mid-January. I know last summer was quite hot but that' might not lead to a "hot town, summer in the city" trend. And I've been told by members of the cold conservative circle that global warming is over ("If there ever was such a stupid thing", some will say) based on a cooling trend somewhere. So, NASA's yearly results will fill in more of the factual story.


Until then I'll enjoy the thick thick layer of snow and try to finish my latest poem.

Owl? Scowl? Towel?


Link to NASA for more climate change details that affect London.

***

Please click here for more Climate Change London


No comments: