Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Workshop: "Makin' minis"

Often, necessity is the mother of invention, and because my table saw is busted* I used materials I already had at hand to assemble a very small log cabin birdhouse yesterday afternoon.

["The set of parts come together quickly"]

Seeing the result I feel I will switch to minis for a week or two. Makin' minis will use up all the wee bits hangin' about the shop.


I have to make a second one - another wren house - at least. My wife such swiped the first one!

Am I onto something?

Photos by GH

* For now. I'll disassemble, clean and stare intently at the motor parts one more time this p.m. Drat!

***

Please click here for more from The Workshop
  

3 comments:

Lannie Good said...

Hi Gord: guess you know where some of that "bird house" money will go if you need to buy a new table saw..aaahhh, After looking at all your lovely log cabins I had the idea of you making log cabin "kits"..you bag up a kit and sell it for someone else to assemble..perhaps a grandfather with a grandson..or the cubs would buy kits to put together etc..Just an idea..some people like challenges, and that would be like fitting a puzzle together..-15 up here right now..love Sis in B.B.

Gord said...

Kits would be a good idea. Right now I am having too much fun designing new ones. medium size is next, then extra large w bunkie! An assembly line is on its way. We are sitting

G. Harrison said...

We are sitting Anna and Ella so I will be too busy for new models today. maybe tomorrow. Cheers, Gord