Monday, February 11, 2013

The Workshop: "What to do with 20 spanners?"

I know what to do with old barnboard: Make log cabin triplexes. But, last Saturday, when I saw an old vendor at Western Fair Market selling shiny spanners by the bushel (at a low price, and that caught my attention), I had a hunch I could use them for something, though I wasn't 100 per cent sure for what.

["Two can be seen under the top entrance to the triplex"]

I bought 20 or so of the smallest spanners and recently stapled two of them to the front of a large birdhouse. In my always humble opinion, I think they fit right in quite well as "appropriate exterior decor." (Birds don't have anything against spanners, do they?)

["Birds can use them to keep squirrels in line"]

Now, what to do with one lovely brass hinge?


Photos by GH

***

Please click here to view more from The Workshop

No comments: