Monday, April 8, 2013

"Ollie, have you tried the pickles?"

My grandson, age 6, is vacationing in Mexico. I heard recently he is having a very good time. But I had a couple of questions for him (sent via iMac):

Hi Ollie, I hear you are having a good time and with your Mom and Dad in a country far away from London. I think you are about 3,000 miles away where the food is quite different. You can tell me about fajitas when you get home. Do they make you burp?

Today maybe you will go swimming or play on the beach. Let me know if it is fun. Maybe I will go to Mexico someday and let you pour buckets of water on my head.

Tell your dad I had a funny drink yesterday - after the Knights second home victory - called Rogue Hazelnut and it cost $7, not a great deal but OK. Soon Grandma will wake up and I'll take her to the Roaster. Then I'll finish painting two blue birdhouses. Have a great day, Ollie, and tell your Mom and Dad to have fun too and to chill out. See you later, Alligator.

Love, Grandpa Gord

PS "Do the pickles taste funny?"

Ollie fiddles with an iPad, so maybe I'll hear back. Can 6-year olds type?

Photo by GH

***

Grand kids supply grandparents with energy when they are young. Then they become teenagers.

Please click here for more Ollie and Me

No comments: