Thursday, May 16, 2013

a bag of hammers

I own at least a dozen hammers, all well worn, with sturdy grips, and with hundreds of stories to tell if only that was possible. Stories about hard work, fruitless jobs, broken boards, bent nails, the pleasure in fine timber and stunning results.


["Heads and hands must do hard work together"]

Stories about the strong men that held them, bent backs, broken dreams, low wages but signs of promise ahead.

As I build shadow boxes for three from my collection I will be thinking about the bold beauty in trustworthy iron mashers and well-worn oak and ash handles, in the untold stories they hold within.

Hopefully, I'll be able to display more 'history in a box' by the end of the week.

Photos by GH 

***

Please click here to read 'more about history in a box'

No comments: