Tuesday, August 20, 2013

In London with Loot (2): "What's he up to?"

A recent wee vacation in Kingston was "beddy beddy good to me." Good bookstores sat on several corners and other fascinating materials abounded.

["Saints, Devils (etc.), published 1945, is perfect for me"]

In new and used bookstores I easily satisfied my thirst for timely WW2 reading material. E.g., a book about Malta (1940 - '43) is right up my alley because - 70 years ago today - my father was there recuperating from dysentery after the Allied invasion of Sicily. A rare book by Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve Lieut. (S) Pugsley details a man's journey that follows some of the same paths my father walked as a Leading Seaman Coxswain with the same RCNVR, or 'Wavy Navy'. Treasures for under $20 make my day, and I'm always up for a lengthy reading time most evenings.

I also found enough bits and bobs for the workshop to keep me happy for weeks, if not months.

["Metal fasteners - some young, some old. Lovely!"]

Those that know me will likely have some idea what I'm up to, and where the metal fasteners will appear next.

Photos by GH

***

 Please click here to read In London with Loot (1): "She's the boss"

And yes, she's still the boss

No comments: