Thursday, October 10, 2013

fun and fitness: "back in the groove"

I'm at it again and I don't mean 'readin' and ridin'. I've been doing that for years for fun and fitness.

["Another new record. Over 800 extra miles in the bank"]

I mean setting new records. It took me a few months to earn back those extra miles I lost during a wee vacation awhile ago, but over the last few months I've been earning them back... by hitting my goal of riding an exercise bike 100 miles per week... and more. In late September I bagged 20 extra miles (see above photo) and set a new record. And last week I bagged an extra five (see below).

["105 miles last week. Now I've biked 811 extra miles"]

Sure, some younger guys can still beat me to the puck on occasion during my weekly hockey game but I usually surprise them with my super-sonic speed in the last period. Good legs, I say.

Reading good books, however, is still my favourite pastime and I've noticed the miles fly by while my mind is engaged and the pages are turning.

Last stop was Malta. I recommend you journey there yourself sometime. Just hop on a bike and go! 


Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read more miles and books to go

  

No comments: