Saturday, November 30, 2013

bird feeder wasn't squirrel proof, so...

Squirrels are on earth to bring proud men down a peg. Maybe two.

Yesterday, just seconds after I wrote that my feeder appeared squirrel proof, a large black and furry one climbed into it with apparent ease. Initially flabbergasted, I muttered a few words of praise in its direction for a worthy effort. Then I got to thinking about what to do next.

["How long will this deter the critters? Wait and see"]

I set a metal lamp shade atop the plastic bottles, the same shade I attached to a feeder last year, but in a rigid fashion. The way it is balanced now atop the rounded bottle, it should move under a squirrel's weight and throw it off. But we'll see.

["I'll throw the plastic bottle at the first squirrel I see!"]

Wait do you think of this modification? Do we have a winner?

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read bird feeder appears squirrel proof

No comments: