Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Workshop: "cats fit right in"

The workshop is ruled by a few simple decrees:

     don't throw anything out

     modify existing creations

     then charge more

     have a bit of fun

At least, those are the rules that worked for me last week, and after adding a couple of cats to birdhouse fence rails the price went way up, from $40 to $400.

(One time, as a joke, and it worked. Well, I was laughing).

["Matt wanted cats, he got cats!"]

["He got cats and a bill for $400! He got the joke too"]

Today in the shop I'll cut out a dozen wee cats from scrap lumber and assemble a half dozen houses using beautiful barn board from Fenelon Falls. And I'll stick with the same four decrees.

["Fen. Falls barnboard is fun to use in the shop"]

["Another small pleasure... I keep the music playing.
Today, Joni Mitchell will surely hit the right chord"]

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read oh, it's worth way more now

No comments: