Monday, November 25, 2013

The Workshop: cedar deck table and benches

While in Grand Rapids, MI recently, sets of sturdy outdoor patio or deck furniture caught my eye. And I do mean sturdy. Within seconds a thought formed: I'll build deck furniture like that, and I already have the lumber from one of my gold mines.

["Thick planks of mystery lumber. Pine or hemlock, maybe"]

["Nicely stained. Will last a lifetime. Low maintenance."]

["I already have 11 planks of cedar, 8 ft. long, in Annex"]

["My rough idea needs some refinement, then I get busy"]

I have western cedar aplenty in The Annex (a very crowded shed, steps from the workshop) and a rough idea of how to proceed. I can't get to the project this week, but soon. And next spring I'll be sitting pretty.

Photos by GH 

***

Please click here to view another wood working project shadow box: ready to go fishin'

No comments: