Friday, April 25, 2014

"acting up" 2

The Horton Street Drama Club was desperate - they were half way through the schedule of rehearsals for their latest production and 'Bill' had to leave for knee surgery - so they quickly approved my thin application for his part in their latest production 'Grandma and her House Boys'.

["I play 'Gord', one of the house boys, and do a lot of dishes"] 

["I taped my lines inside The London Yodeller. Poifect."]

The producer changed 'Bill' to 'Gord' in the script and away I went, with visions of fun, fame and Hollywood on the near horizon. And I was told the script was a guideline only and I could say what felt most natural.

Cool, I thought.

So, during Wednesday's dress rehearsal, in front of half a house, instead of saying "How is Tuesday at 9:00 AM?" to a cleaning lady (for an interview), I said, "Saturday at 9 PM is good for me, Babes."


["I actually have a dentist's appt. Tuesday at 9 AM"] 

The cast was flabbergasted. But the audience chuckled.

And that's exactly what I was going for.

Next stop... Bollywood!

["Today's the big day. Trip to the Big Time"]

Link to acting up 1

Photos GH

No comments: