Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Morning Smile (2)

Aberdeen P.S. 100th Anniversary

Usually I don't attend such anniversaries because of my youngish age. But I was drawn to Aberdeen P.S., located at Adelaide and Grey St., on Saturday for several reasons.


It may be closing soon, I feel a pleasant connection to its staff and students (though I retired from teaching in 2002), and it's home to scores of vibrant memories linked to my childhood and adult years.

Childhood? Yes. Aberdeen P.S. is linked to my early years because it closely resembles (the gone but not forgotten) Norwich Public School. I attended Gr. 1 - 8 in Norwich (1955 - 63) and N.P.S. is still one of my favourite 'hometown' buildings of all time.

["I'm so young! 'Meet The Creature' Night": circa 1998]  

["Kitty Thompson, Ed. Assist., wants to get paid"]

[GH: "I've checked twice. You're not listed here!
Hahahaha." As you can see I was a laugh riot.]

The anniversary was good fun. I met and chatted with a lot of friendly people of all ages (Kitty slugged me in the arm for some reason) and hope the school will remain open, in some capacity, for years to come.


Photos GH

No comments: