Monday, July 14, 2014

East Coast Photo Files

Trip Day 9 - June 17, 2014

["Figurehead from Lota - discovered on Sable Island in 1916" Maritime Museum]

An Evening Out, Halifax

I think I must have been energized by my early afternoon hike on Pennant Point where I relived the time I buried my father at sea, because after a wash up and change of clothes back at the hostel I went out of doors again for a very healthy walk about town. The sun was out, my spirits high, I likely covered 5 - 6 miles (not counting one mile inside the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic; free admission on this day) and took a hundred photos.

A few pictures tell about the long walk:

["Supper after uphill climb on Sackville to Maxwell's Plum (on Grafton)"]

 ["Another uphill walk to The Citadel"]

 ["Halifax is abuzz with construction and excitement near the beautiful harbour"]

["O Halifax, I stand on guard 'til the end of my shift"]


 ["I am now heading back to the hostel. My dogs are tired"]

 ["The history of the city seems bottomless. I shall return"]

 ["For sale! I'll talk to Pat about it when I get home in 9 more days"]

["Future writing room?"]

Link to East Coast Photo Files

Photos by GH

2 comments:

Jane said...

Now THAT's a writing room...or should I say garret?

G. Harrison said...

The writing room may not officially be a garret. According to Wikipedia, a garret is an inhabitable attic, often w sloping walls, and the least prestigious part of the house. With me in the room it will be very prestigious!! : )