Thursday, July 24, 2014

Halifax and Another Hard Promise

Table of Contents

 ["Thumbs up at 7:30 AM, June 9, 2014"]

Four weeks ago today I arrived home safely - but a bit numb in the hinder parts - after a stirring, 4,800-kilomtre-long motorcycle trip to the East Coast. Since then I have gradually returned to my productive routine (whatever that is, but it includes writing, woodworking, getting under foot in the kitchen), all the while sensing that my travels very much affect me deeply while I work and play.

I also feel that, though the lowest of the trip's low points make me suddenly shake my head in disbelief at odd moments during the day as much as the highest of high points ("How could that be?" I ask myself. "How could those things happen like that!?"), I wouldn't change a thing about my 18 days on the road.

Wait, maybe one thing. I'd add a few more heavy spanners to the bag I want to throw at an anonymous municipal worker in Tatamagouche.

["Coming and going. Good days and bad days. Such is life"]

Short Stories from the East Coast Trip, 2014

1. Pack Your Bags

2. I Could Live Here

3. Stinking Bag of Spanners

4. Nelson Langevin, RCNVR

5. The Heart of the Matter

[On my way to the ever-lovely Tatamagouche"]

Coming soon - Pack Your Bags


Photos GH

1 comment:

Jane said...

Watch out for the car behind you!! Oh...never mind, you're in the driveway.