Monday, July 28, 2014

The Workshop

Rietveld Chairs are Stacked


Yesterday I told a buyer his chairs would be done by three p.m. They were done by two. I forgot. The last one always goes faster than the first one.

 ["The seat and sides are attached firmly"]

 ["The back, w two small supports (on arm rest), done in a jiff"]

["Two Rietveld chairs are stacked, and ready for pick up"]

I used the extra hour wisely. Mission-style church birdhouses, which have some tricky bits, moved closer to completion.

Materials for chairs: 

red cedar deck boards for legs, side brace and some supports

gray barn board for seats, backs, arm rests and some supports

1 3/4-inch and 3-inch screws

Link to The Workshop

Link to other Rietveld crate chair images

Photos GH

1 comment:

Shirley Schuurman said...

I wish to contact you re a family event on behalf of my friend Judy Harrison, who is trying to surprise her husband--therefore my task.
please write Shirley at: shirlschuu@kwic.com:

Thank you