Thursday, August 28, 2014

It Strikes Me Funny

My Neighbour is Taller


My neighbour Danielle told me she'd spotted a hornet's nest in her backyard maple tree.

"It's very hard to see and it may be directly over your deck." she said.

Ever curious and brave, I ran right out back with my camera and a big stick.

 ["Looks like a cabbage from one angle"]

["Looks like the head of a brontosaurus from another angle"]

Danielle was right. A nest - almost perfectly round from one angle, the size of a good cabbage - hung directly over my barbeque. Not good. It was very active.

But I put my stick down after a bit of a think. My neighbour's husband is much taller than me - yeah, that's it - so I'll see if I can stick him with the job. And I'll watch from inside.

Link to more It Strikes Me Funny

Photos by GH

No comments: