Friday, August 15, 2014

The Workshop

Not Your Typical Day (2)

8
["Will there be room left for a cow beside this barn?"]

Yesterday started early in the workshop and after one project was finished another soon took its place. I already had the plan drawn up and lumber cut and sanded for this 'specialty house', i.e., a barn - with cow - I'd seen during a motorcycle ride. Assembly was easy kap-easy. 


["Two side units now have tin roofs"]


["Rare cedar shingles ready for tap-tappin'"]


["Old cedar roof looks good... and there's room enough for a cow!""]


["I'll add batten over the barn board next... and go cow hunting"]

The three sections of the barn are made from my last plank of gray pine from Handley Lumber Mill, Fenelon Falls. Next time I'm up that way I'll order another trunk load for the Civic. i.e., six 16-footers, each cut into three equal sections. Prime stuff... and I love working with it.

Link to The Workshop

Photos GH

No comments: