Friday, August 15, 2014

The Workshop

Not Your Typical Day (4)

 ["Lovely, rescued, sturdy western red cedar slats"]

As the sun slipped below my spruce tree yesterday, way past suppertime, I finished my last project of the day, i.e., a new one, a rare one - a cedar table for rugged outdoor use, say for a 'little free library' sittin' on somebody's front lawn. 

["The H-frame makes it sturdy, but still light"]

["Oh, she's sturdy all right. My shoes alone are five pounds!
Sorry, no video was taken of my rendition of River Dance "]

["Perfect for 'little free libraries? I think so"]

I have been busy with libraries lately (and three more get revved up on Monday) and got to thinking... wouldn't a wee bench for the lawn be better than a support post in the ground?

We'll see what people think.

You?

Link to The Workshop

Photos GH

No comments: