Monday, September 8, 2014

Zoom w a View

Much 'To-do List'

["First on the list. Build 3 five-dollar birdhouses"]

Is there such a thing as a five-dollar birdhouse? Yes. Not too many people build them, of this I am certain. But I've done so in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. 

The idea of the five-dollar birdhouse appeals to me for several reasons:

   Everybody should have at least 6 affordable, sturdy, rustic birdhouses in their backyard, and the five-dollar birdhouse helps folks achieve this goal

   Building inexpensive models is a way to use up bits and pieces of scrap lumber that accumulate in the dusty corners of my workshop

   They keep my hands busy and my mind active

   Five bucks pays for finishing nails for one year

   Completing five-dollar birdhouses allows me to embrace my Scottish genes and 'hey, don't throw that out' nature

   Small change buys me coffee

After the fivers are done I'll move on to three tenners and look for bamboo for the bee houses.

Yup, September's gonna be busy.

["A neighbour's project is sketched. Lumber is ready"]

PS Five bucks pays for hinges for the above project!

Link to Zoom w a View

Photos GH

No comments: