Thursday, November 27, 2014

Scotland 2014 Photos: Faint Footsteps

Last Full Day in London - October 22


I think I saved the best for last.

Five weeks ago yesterday I visited HMS Belfast (a ship that saw action during D-Day Normandy and is now anchored in the Thames), walked across London Bridge and circled the Tower of London. My journal says that after I returned to my apartment I "organized myself for trip to Edinburgh," e.g., I "did laundry, packed (95%)" before walking to "THE SHIP 4 fish and chips, 5 Pounds w Fullers Ale."

The walk alone was worth the money.



 ["A fantastic ship housed indoors beside the River Thames"]


 ["The Shard as seen from The Ship"]

 ["How goes the mail?" I ask the ship's postman. "Dry up," he says sharply"]

 ["Need a hand with lunch?" I ask. "Apron's right behind ye," says the cook's assistant]


 ["Note the brass icon for 'public washroom! 'Twas a life-saver"]






["Blue Group climbs a wall to escape traffic. "Good luck," I say.]

Last four words in that day's journal entry: London Pride and ESB.

Translation - I enjoyed two lovely pints at The Ship and was likely home and fast asleep before 10 PM.

But did I make the train to Edinburgh on time?

More to follow.

Link to Scotland 2014 Photos: Favourites

Photos GH

No comments: