Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Faint Footsteps, WW2

My father started his military march as a raw recruit in the Royal Canadian Navy Volunteer Reserve in Hamilton, 1941. He continued his training in Halifax, volunteered for the Combined Operations organization and soon marched in Scotland and England, where he prepared for the Dieppe raid and Allied invasions of North Africa, Sicily and Italy. Now I am doing the marching, so to speak, to learn more about his WW2 adventures.


If you would like to learn more about my adventures following my father's faint footsteps made during WW2, please visit my new blog - Faint Footsteps, WW2 

My most recent post tells the story, mainly with the use of photos, of how I built a boat in which to transport my father's ashes from London to the Atlantic Ocean, and thereby fulfill my promise to bury him at sea.

Link to I Build Me a Boat

Cheers!

Photo by GH

No comments: