Friday, October 9, 2015

Motorcycle Miles - Nuts For All!

Hickory Nuts and Slim Pickens

"My bike is barely visible in the shade of the Hickory tree"

This next paragraph will date me.

I parked under a tree on Thursday, walked to a nearby cliff's edge, and while doing so stepped on dozens of small nuts. Ha! I knew what type too - Hickory nuts. My dad took me to a certain spot near Norwich a few times when I was ten or under to gather such nuts and he told me they were 'good eating', and that they were also a bit of work because of their small size. He must have said, "Slim pickings" or something like that : ) because I can't think of Hickory nuts without thinking of country music.


 "Trees in Pt. Bruce are just starting to turn"

"Gulls have the best view of the channel"

Link to Motorcycle Miles in B&W

Photos GH

No comments: