Sunday, May 29, 2016

Port Bruce: Birds, Boats, Beaches and Bacon

Four More Things I Like

"The Martins bed down with Bell Cable to watch Blue Jays games"

Seconds after I stepped onto my South London porch yesterday morning - dark roast java in hand - I made a positive decision. Warm up the bike.

I entered Port Bruce via Dexter Line (the lake shore road), south of Sparta, well before noon.

Purple Martins and other birds were active at stylish houses - my favourite beside the boat channel; boats were active in all directions; the beach was active with visitors of all ages; the smell of bacon filled the air near The Corner View Cafe, so I hustled over for their BLT at 12:15. (I was greeted with an open loaf and cold ginger ale).

 "One family of sparrows was not evicted by the many Purple Martins"

 "Lucy, I'm home!"

 "This Martin house is opposite the Busy Bee Campground"




 "BLT sandwich at $4.95. Yipes, it's a good one"

"A Bee-utiful day and a Good ride"

Please link to Motorcycle Miles: Port Bruce is Nice and Easy

No comments: