Monday, August 1, 2016

Birdhouse Repair: Backyard Beauties 1

Off the Wall

I have a half dozen birdhouses in my backyard and most need a bit of TLC. Three are on the back wall of my house and because I want to refreshen the stain in that area the birdhouses will have to be relocated. Might as well clean them up in the process.

The first to move and receive a cleanup is made of sturdy western cedar that was rescued from a local back deck reno. I noticed that the distance from the base to the entry hole was over six inches so I bumped up the thickness of the base before getting out the red paint.

I have found a new spot to place three to four birdhouses, so the relocation and restoration project will continue as time allows.


More to follow.

Please link to Birdhouse Repair: Labatt Park Custom Model (5)

Photos GH

No comments: