Monday, March 17, 2008

Rising Global Temperatures: I’ll live on a boat in San Francisco

Ever since I read about a family that lived on a houseboat in San Francisco Harbor I’ve wanted to pull up roots, sell off all my property and possessions, move west in a covered wagon and do the same.

Chances are I’d have a cooler quality of life as global temperatures continue to rise because, according to NASA’s records, the oceans aren’t warming as quickly as the land.


If I lived on a boat would I need an air-conditioner? Cooler water temperatures would help moderate the comfort in my small, tidy, living-room/bedroom/galley/dining-room/basement/bathroom, right?


Sure hope so, because as long as I’m on the water I might as well go whole hog and live off the grid.

Anything’s possible, right?

[see another NASA graph at Four Mugs and a Crock]

No comments: