Thursday, May 29, 2008

Motorcycle Miles: Out of the cage and into the ditch to wax poetic

I once said that bikers of all stripes enjoy soaring outside the cage.

In other words - we like traveling on the open road outside the protective confines of a car.

As well, I occasionally joke about the lure of motorcycling:

“I like to feel the wind blowing through what’s left of my hair.”

And you’ll often catch me on my bike with a camera because I can easily stop for a few minutes at the side of the road or in the middle of a bridge to enjoy a view one would seldom see from behind the wheel of a car.


after stepping off the bike
and into a common roadside ditch
I saw a burst of spring,
stood on a green floor of unfurled leaves,
then smelled a breeze
uncommon to my city senses.


Click here for more Motorcycle Miles.

2 comments:

carmilevy said...

Amen. It's amazing what we capture when we consciously focus on having our cameras with us when we go for a ride. Great explorer's spirit in these photos!

Barbara said...

Isn't the country air great? You really captured it in these pictures. I will be sure to check back for more.