Friday, July 18, 2008

A Family Moment: A short ride to see a new firefighter

My wife and I are just about to hop into our Civic and brave 401 and then Toronto traffic.

I wouldn’t make the drive for any small thing.

However, I’m delighted to drive twice as far and more to see my son graduate from his 4 month long firefighter training for the City of Toronto.

The ride will remind me of when he graduated at the top of his class in Commerce, Texas several years ago.

Two days on the road, meeting his classmates, learning he’d been voted Prime Minister of his class - unforgettable.

Between Texas and Toronto lies one long and winding road.

Be back Monday. See you then. GH

.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Congratultions to your son and his proud parents! Firefighting is a courageous and noble career and I, for one, admire and appreciate his service to his community. Please thank him for me.

G. Harrison said...

hi barb, thank you for your kind thoughts.

I'll pass them along to david.

gah