Thursday, July 24, 2008

It Strikes Me Funny: I concede - Deforest City is getting greener

Yesterday I asked the question “Is Deforest City visibly getting greener?” after reading the claim in the local paper that it actually is.

Because we have stabilized our CO2 emissions, not reduced, I concluded my brilliant post by saying:

“Getting greener” begins when reductions in emissions are made and they go deep enough to make a noticeable difference. Am I on the right path?”

Reader ‘mojo’ responded:

“Breaking even isn't positive progress... but you have to hit the zero sum point before you can talk about reductions.”



Good point.

I concede that progress has been made. CO2 emissions are not rising - they are staying the same - for now.


[Minor 1000cc: "Won't pass anything but a gas station": photo GAH]

Also, a stoppage after years of increases related to many inefficient home building, transportation and business practices is good news.

Decreases might be just around the corner.

[Click here to visit a site with references to opinions re peak oil.]

.

No comments: