Monday, August 4, 2008

Zoom w a View: Niagara Falls - one of Canada’s wonders

On Saturday my wife and I took Eduard (a citizen of the Czech Republic) to Niagara Falls to show off one of Canada’s top wonders.

During the ride there he said in halting English that he was impressed not only with my driving and Ontario’s roads but the tidy picnic area I chose for our lunch break i.e. a small parking space in front of an abandoned building and beside an old car that had caught my eye.

Just wait ‘til he sees the falls, I thought.

Shortly after we arrived Eduard started taking the first of 130 photographs to send home to his family.

The green space and stately trees near the falls are spectacular.


The Maid of the Mist IV parked for 5 minutes in front of the mighty Horseshoe waterfall.


Blue raincoat rentals are appreciated, I’m sure.


Have you seen the falls from the deck of one of The Maids?


Tell me of other amazing views.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking sideways up at the falls from one of the tunnels the most dramatic for me. And very wet.

G. Harrison said...

hi jesse; i got into the line up, was ready to pay the fee but the next trip under the falls began too late in the day.

we visited the Butterfly conservatory instead - very unique.

cheers,

Gord H.